Dear Johnson Families,
The following guidelines were sent to all PSD families on Monday, March 21st. We’ve had a lot of questions, so are requesting that you please review them. The biggest change is that a negative COVID test is required to return to school following any symptom. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we implement these protocols.
This is an update about free COVID tests and the state’s new illness guidelines.
What to do when sick: PSD will follow the state health department’s new “How Sick is Too Sick” protocols. Neither the state nor PSD will use Return to Learn guidelines anymore.
Have any of the symptoms below? You need a negative COVID test to return to school.
When not related to a documented chronic health condition, symptoms that require a negative test to return to school include fever, feeling feverish, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, sore throat, runny nose, congestion, muscle/body aches, headache, fatigue, new loss of sense of taste or smell.
If your student tests positive or chooses not to test, they must remain home for five days and wear a mask on days 6 to 10 when they return, per public health requirements.
Free test options:
- Sign up with the Test to Stay program to receive free tests which can be replaced when used.
- Order free tests from www.covidtests.gov/
Options for exemptions from quarantine: If staff or students are identified as close contacts of a COVID-positive individual and receive quarantine orders from the health department, there are three options for them to remain at school or work. More information >>
- Option 1: Be fully vaccinated with a primary series and boosted, if eligible.
- Option 2: Follow all steps of the Test to Stay in PSD program. PSD accepts results from at-home, rapid antigen tests, including iHealth.
- Option 3: Have record of a confirmed positive COVID test in the last 90 days.
Thank you for your continued partnership as we adapt to changing public health conditions and protocols.
Poudre School District