Thank you for all that you do!
All new and returning K-12 students register at their neighborhood school. You can find your neighborhood school on the School Locator web page.
- Kindergarten students must be five and first-grade students must be six on or before Oct. 1. (Superintendent's Policy JEB). Learn more about kindergarten registration >>
- Returning students are students who left PSD and are returning back to a PSD school. Current PSD students do not need to re-register every year to go back to the same school.
Students wishing to attend a school outside their attendance area must submit a School Choice application.
NEW students to Johnson and PSD register online for the 2021 – 2022 year.
- To enroll new students online for the 2021-22 school year and for information about the process, visit the PSD Online Registration for New Students web page.
- If you have questions about registration, please call the Johnson office at 488-5000.
Registration for PSD students moving to Johnson from another PSD School
- Current PSD students who are moving to a new school should contact their current school to withdraw and their new school to register. Students moving from elementary to middle school and middle school to high school do not have to contact their schools. Please note that online registration is only for students who are new to PSD.
- Fifth grade students will be pre-registered at their neighborhood feeder middle school in February. Fifth grade students will visit feeder middle schools in April.
- Eighth grade students will be registered at their neighborhood feeder high school. Contact each high school for registration details.
- Fifth grade and eighth grade students wishing to attend a middle or high school outside their attendance area (or for a program continuation), must submit a School Choice application.
Registering for Kindergarten for 2022-2023 school year
Kindergarten registration for students entering school in PSD in Fall 2022 will take place at Johnson Elementary in January 2022. Children who will be 5 years of age on or before October 1, 2022, are eligible to register.
Parents must register their child at their neighborhood school even if they are applying for a school choice option.
When registering a new kindergarten student you will need to provide us the following information:
- Enrollment Form
- Verification of child’s birth date (birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, military ID etc…original or certified copies acceptable)
- Emergency Contact Information
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency
We provide both half-day programs and full-day programs. Both are free.